2008/10/25

Constitution

Dear Fred, my attempts to comment fail. The machine says "incorrect password". But the password works for independent blogs, hopefully for this one too. I just want to express agreement with what you have written. I believe all dherents to Eurovision should adopt the principle that a democratic Constitution has to be authorized by referendum. Otherwise the system it creates is not democratic and legitimate. If several organisations/groups agree publicly upon this principle, it would strengten all of them. We in Czech Republic are going to press charges against the Czech Parliament for having adopted a Constitution assuring their power monopoly without submitting it to a referendum. We want to gain publicity. Maybe other organisations might do the same thing. It would strengthen all of them. The wording of Citizen Constitutions would be up to the respective citizenry, but the procedure - amendment of existing non-democratic constitutions directly by the citizens - should be the same in all countries. I believe this concrete principle shoud be part of the Charter.
Jiri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jiri,
I will be travelling for all next week.
I agree with your post totally, when we meet in Prag all sides of the matter will be cleared and I think we can write a godd Charter.
Of course the main target is toi insert the DD concepts into each Constitution and hopefully into the European Constitution.
However, this will problably be a long road.
We shall be proud to have started it.
Kind regards
Fred
PS
I can comment in your posts, you should be able to comment into mine ones.
I am not very experienced with these blog settings,when I am back will have a look.
Fred